HP Scan and Capture for Windows 10, 8 is a free program that lets you capture documents, photos, and images using HP brand scanners, cameras, and webcams.
It also lets you make minor changes to images and photographs and export them in JPEG format. This application is designed for devices that have HP peripherals and the Windows 10 operating system.
Features of HP Scan and Capture
An application as simple as it is useful
HP Scan and Capture for Windows 10 is a very easy-to-use app. When the software is activated, it recognizes compatible peripherals and automatically scans the connected or integrated into the system.
It is possible to scan images and documents and make changes to them before saving them in the available formats using the scanner, webcam, or HP camera connected to the computer. There are also some minor but helpful photo editing features available.
The program allows you to crop and rotate photos before saving them in JPEG format. You can also scan paper documents and keep them in PDF format with HP Scan and Capture for Windows 10.
Although the range of functions, control over the same, and format options are limited, this helpful app allows you to quickly and easily complete tasks that would typically take longer.
Useful if you have an HP device
Anyone with an HP device that can connect to a PC can download and use this small software, which is only compatible with the most recent release of the Windows operating system. HP Scan and Capture for Windows 10 is A handy tool that can perform only a few operations but does them quickly and efficiently.
The software only saves documents in JPEG and PDF formats, allowing you to scan and make minor changes to documents quickly and easily. Don’t pass it up if you have a computer with HP peripherals!
How to use HP Scan and Capture App (Windows 10)
To use this app, you must have HP printing software installed on your computer. In the FAQ section of this document, go to How do I download and install the HP printer software? For more information.
- Turn on the printer, insert the plain paper into the input tray, and check that the ink or toner cartridges are correctly installed.
- Place the item to be scanned on the scanner glass or, if your printer has one, load it into the automatic document feeder (ADF).
- Navigate to HP Scan and Capture (in English) on your computer to download the app from the Microsoft Store.
- After the app has been installed, click Launch.
- Select Settings after clicking the menu icon.
- Select your HP printer by clicking Select Device.
- To change any settings, click the back arrow after selecting Document Scan Options or Photo Scan Options.
- Click Capture Documents or Capture Photos after leaving the Settings menu.
- When the scan is finished, click the save icon. The Save As window appears, allowing you to keep the item in a folder.
Pros and Cons of HP Scan and Capture
|Easy to use even for those inexperienced||It does not include any advanced features
|Automatically detect compatible devices||Export files in just two formats
|Save images in JPEG format and documents in PDF||It is only available for Windows 10
|Allows you to scan images and documents via webcam|
|It includes some basic photo editing functions|
1. How do I download and install the HP printer software?
Install HP print and scan drivers on your computer before using the HP Scan and Capture app.
1. Start the printer
2. If your printer is connected to the computer via a USB cable, unplug it from the printer. If you need to click the cable, the software installation prompts you to do so.
3. Browse to 123.hp.com.
4. If necessary, select your model number from the drop-down menu, click Begin, then Download.
5. Complete the connection setup and driver installation by following the on-screen instructions.
- If HP Easy Start discovers multiple printers, choose the one you want to install and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If HP Easy Start does not detect your printer, follow the on-screen instructions to connect it to the network.
- If the installer cannot locate your printer, see Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup (Windows) for detailed troubleshooting instructions.
6. In your web browser, return to the 123.hp.com page to complete the printer registration and activation.
2. How do I capture images or documents with the computer’s camera?
Using the camera on your computer or tablet, capture, edit, and save documents or photos.
- Search for and open HP Scan and Capture in the taskbar’s search box.
- Select Settings from the menu that appears after clicking the menu icon.
- Select a device, then a camera.
- To change any settings, click Document Scan Options or Photo Scan Options, then click the back arrow.
- Select Capture Documents or Capture Photos from the Settings menu. The camera is turned on.
- To capture the image, click the Camera icon.
- The image is opened in the editing window by the app.
- If necessary, edit the item, then click Done or Cancel X.
- Select the Save icon. The Save As window appears, allowing you to select the file type and folder to save the scan.
3. How do I share captured photos and documents?
Share photos or documents that you’ve captured using the HP Scan and Capture app.
- Select Share after clicking the menu icon.
- Choose the application in which you want to share the image or document.
Wrapping up of HP Scan and Capture
We appreciate you taking the time to read our post about HP Scan and Capture. Kindly notify us if you have any additional comments or questions in the section below. We’d be delighted to hear from you.